Green Card Lottery Requirements DV2019
Let an experienced immigration attorney prepare your lottery entry and monitor the submission deadline. Avoid worrying about forgetting to mail your entry at the correct time, and the timing of lengthy overseas mail deliveries. Send your information to attorneys office and have your entry for the DV-2019 visa lottery prepared correctly and submitted at the correct time.
What the immigration attorney will do for you:
- will contact you by e-mail to let you know when your lottery material and payment arrive to the office.
- will examine your data to make sure your family is filing the maximum number of entries permitted under the lottery rules, and that you are in compliance with the new rules regarding the required photographs
- using the completed Data Input Form you send, the immigration attorney will personally prepare your DV-2019 visa lottery entry and submission envelope according to Department of State specifications.
- during the entry submission period the immigration attorney will take your lottery entry to U.S. Post Office and hand your entry to a postal employees for delivery
- immigration attorney will have that postal employee issue an official U.S. Postal Certificate of Mailing, which will indicate the exact date your entry was placed in the mail
- immigration attorney will send you this Certificate of Mailing for you to keep with you records
Warning: Each person submitting an entry to the visa lottery must personally sign his or her Data Input Form with his or her usual and customary signature using their native alphabet (For example, as his or her signature would appear on his or her passport or other official or contractual obligations). Any Data Input Form that is not personally signed by the entrant will be disqualified. Neither an initialed signature nor block printing of the entrants name will be accepted and will result in the disqualification of the entry.
If an entrant chooses to sign his or her name in English and that is not their native alphabet, he or she must also sign their Data Input Form using his or her native alphabet. Photocopies of signatures or faxed signatures will not be accepted in the visa lottery. The entrant may sign Data Form using a ball point pen with blue colored ink to reduce the chance the lottery officials or a Consulate officer will suspect it is a photo copied or faxed signature.
PHOTO RULES: The official lottery rules state the photos should be "recent" photos, therefore do not submit old, out of date photos.
Each photo must be square (50mm), with the entrants, spouses, or childs name and date of birth printed on the back (the photos above might appear larger or smaller than two square inches on your computer screen, and these scanned images might appear more blurry than the actual original photo used to make these scanned images). The entrant, spouse or child must be facing directly into the camera; the head of the person being photographed should not be tilted up, down or to the side, and the image of the person should cover about 50% of the area of the photo. The photo should be taken with the person being photographed in front of a neutral, light colored background. Photos taken with very dark or patterned, busy backgrounds will not be accepted. Photos in which the face of the person being photographed is not in focus will not be accepted. Photos in which the person being photographed is wearing a hat or glasses with dark lenses or in which the face is obscured in any way will not be accepted. Photos may be either color or black and white. If a photo does not meet the specifications listed above, the visa lottery entry will be disqualified.
More info at http://www.immihelp.com/green-card-lottery/dv-lottery-photo-instructions.html